2.26.2009

Favorite Things LAST Friday

So obviously my life is boring and my blog is uninspired of late, but I promise I am working on posts. They just don't actually make it to the blog. But last week, I did experience on of my most favorite things and it happened to be a Friday too.

Since most of my few readers know about my chronic illnesses, I'm not afraid to post about my regular colonoscopies. I had my 9th, yes 9th, one last Friday. And I realized one of the things that truly makes me happy is Propofol. For those of you who don't know (or are too lazy to click on the link) Propofol is a short-acting intravenous sedative agent used for the induction of general anesthesia for adults and children, maintenance of general anesthesia, and sedation in medical contexts, such as intensive care unit (ICU) sedation for intubated, mechanically ventilated adults, and in procedures such as colonoscopies and endoscopies (source: Wikipedia). For me it means not waking up in the middle of a colonoscopy, which did happen to me twice before. No, I'm not one of those crazies who likes to be awake and watch their procedure. No thank you. I'd rather be in my happy place and be woken up a short time later not remembering a thing.

So ultimately the plus side of having so many colonoscopies is so I can share this wonderful favorite thing. When most of you hit 50 and have to go through this, be sure to ask for Propofol. Until then, be happy you don't have to go through such things.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Having had a colonoscopy too, I agree! I'd also say it's great to have a friend like K-town tell you what to expect beforehand. It was exactly like she said it would be. You don't realize what a comfort this is until it's over.