12.10.2008

Chai La...Huh?

You may be wondering where Chai La La came from. Truth be told, it's just a silly word* I made up with my Mom and Sister. My Mom and I are both addicted to chai lattes. Specifically Starbucks ones. Yes, I've tried all kinds of other brands - grocery store, at home, other coffee shops, but none of them are as good (IMHO). Honestly, I think they taste better when you pay for them, although my bank account certainly does not agree.

I'm known for my ridiculously long order and consider it a total cliche, but necessary since really it's all about the perfect taste (Venti 7-pump, extra-hot, skim, no water, no foam, chai anyone?). Ideally I would have a chai everyday and depending on my mood/stress level/energy I often do. I've tried to wean myself off of them, to no avail. My therapist tries to convince me that it's not such a bad thing, but just like my wallet, my waistline doesn't necessarily agree. So, for the time being consider me reluctantly addicted.

*Since chai la la is purely made up, feel free to use it as a noun, verb, whatever. Examples:
  • Noun - "Do you want to get a chai la la today?"
  • Verb - "Should we chai la la this weekend?"

You get the idea...

2 comments:

diana onorio funk said...

Chai la la!! I love it! Welcome to the blogosphere! It is so much fun, and possibly even more addictive than a venti seven pump whatever whatever chai latte.

Looking forward to reading your musings... and adding you to my blogroll!! xoxo

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I do believe it is a Chai La La day!