12.16.2008

Gentile on a Mission

So being a half-Jewish/half-Christian household, we celebrate both Hanukkah (hubz family) and Christmas (my family). This year, we've had the Christmas Tree and the Menorah up for a few weeks, but I've been looking for Hanukkah candles since the beginning of December. Seriously, this seems to be an impossible mission. Granted, I would prefer only white ones instead of blue or color combo, but I've yet to find a single pack. And, to be honest I find the explosion of Christmas decor vs. the one end of a row of Hanukkah items disgraceful. In fact, at A.C. Moore last night I was informed by an employee that they don't have a single Hanukkah item in the store. Can you believe that?

Well anyway, for us this year, it might be the Festival of No Lights. Hubz probably won't even notice, but it would nice if someone could throw this Gentile a bone...or a pack of candles.

No comments: